Hotel Estalagem da Ponta do Sol 4*+
Special Offer: 3 excursions for €100
2 full day tours (Porto Moniz/Santana or North Coast/Volcanic Caves) and 1 half day tour (Eira Do Serrado or South-East Coast)
Set on a top of a cliff, in the south coast of Madeira Island, just a 25 minutes drive from Funchal, the hotel results from the renovation of an old Quinta (Farmhouse). A member of the ‘Design Hotels’ the Estalagem da Ponta do Sol is an excellent example of how architecture and nature can be seamlessly joined.
Nestling within a high ravine, the small village of Ponta do Sol is situated on the south coast of Madeira. This delightfully unspoilt village is blessed with glorious ocean views and more hours of sunshine than anywhere else on island, which gives the village its name. A palm lined promenade fringes the pebbly beach, whilst traditional red-roofed, whitewashed buildings nestle at the foot of craggy mountains, overlooking the sea.
All rooms have balcony, cable TV, Wi-Fi, small fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, air-conditioning and safe. Bathroom with bathtub or shower. Sea view rooms available (supplement). Max. occupancy 3 persons.
- Restaurant with spectacular views of the ocean, the village of Ponta do sol below and the hills opposite filled with bananas plantations
- Lobby Bar with a fireplace and a roofed, glazed terrace with wicker chairs
- Poolside snack bar/café with panoramic ocean views from the terrace
- Outdoor infinity pool with stunning view and acclimatized (23ºC)
- Spa treatments*
- Heated indoor pool
- Panoramic Jacuzzi
- Steam bath
- Free Wi-Fi
- Small gym
- Games and cardroom
- Mountain Bikes
- 54 rooms
- Cleaning daily
- Towels and linen changed 3 times a week
- Courtesy bus to Funchal (except Sundays)